Monday, September 20, 2010

COURT RULING

Today was a good day and am very blessed . Thanks YOU all for the prayers, kind thoughts and positive advice given to me.

The Judge gave a three year restraining order to me (can be re-newed !!) and full physical and legal custody of the children. I am not allowed to change the country they reside in, which is ok !  As long as they get to cuti cuti heheh.

It was rather nerve racking sitting court today. The Judge very se-lam-ba only . Already know I so was anxious, she still took her time to see other cases and clearing her court before calling us. I am just thinking that she did it because she did not want too many audience around us. I might have squeeze my advocate's hands too tight and had sweaty palms too.

When we sat at the counsel table, he was not around. He was in and out and pacing the hallway and went out to smoke too I am guessing. The judge waited for like a second and then just went on the record. She said she found evidence of Domestic Abuse present and in the past.  She said the horrific pictures of the bruises were clear evidence and it did not matter if it was cause by me being thrown in the trash can or whether he closed the door on me.

It was short !!!
Which was unlike her because she usually gives a long narration explaining her decisions.

I sat down and waited for my paperwork to be completed. Then I got escorted out again by the deputy. This time they took me out the back way, 5 minutes earlier too before giving him the papers, just in case he gets mad and went  looking  for me. PHeW.. there were three deputies in the same courtroom with us, biasanya only satu only but because of him aaaaa.... we got banyak.  Make me even more nervous...

I am glad this crucial part is over.
I am glad that me and the children are together which is the most important part
However a piece of paper cannot keep me safe.
I will have to watch out for retaliation and revenge which is making me nervous.

Now to mediation to customised the visitations, then child support , spousal support... and divorce in the end.. another 5 more months to go

3 comments:

  1. Phew... thank god u got ur deputies with you... I oso takut he AMOK! Yes, a piece of paper is not enough, watch your back, be safe!

    Anyway, I'm so glad to know it ended well... now start preparing yourself for the next one... ALL THE BEST woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree .. be extra careful. Just wondering, when is your mum going back? Is she able to stay longer with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, keep alert always... he is a MAD guy... the revenge thought is making me worried too... will continue to pray for all of your safety, most definitely the 3 adorable kiddos!

    This is the beginning :)

    God bless always!

    ReplyDelete